ARM Development Tools
ULINK™ Debug Adapters
Development Tools by ARM
ARM Library Optimized for Embedded Applications
Improved in MDK-ARM v4.1x
MicroLib is a highly-optimized library for ARM-based embedded applications
written in C. When compared to the standard C library included with the
ARM Compiler toolchain, MicroLib provides significant code size advantages
required for many embedded systems.
The primary differences between MicroLib and the standard C library are:
- MicroLib is designed for deeply embedded applications.
- MicroLib is optimized to use less code and data memory than using the ARM standard library.
- MicroLib has been designed to work without an operating system, however this does not prevent it being used together with any OS or RTOS such as Keil RTX.
- MicroLib contains no file I/O or wide character support.
- As MicroLib has been optimized to minimize code size, some functions will execute more slowly than the standard C library routines available in the ARM compilation tools.
- Both MicroLib and the ARM Standard Library are included in the Keil MDK-ARM.
- See Differences from the default C library for more detailed information
To use MicroLib in your embedded application, select the
MicroLib check box in µVision and compile your application.
µVision links your program with MicroLib and reduces your
program size quickly and easily.
- MicroLib is included in MDK-ARM v3.1 and higher.