ARM Development Tools
Benefits of using Keil Middleware libraries
Keil Middleware allows you to develop robust applications using a
wide variety of communication protocols
Develop robust and powerful applications fast
The RTX kernel, together with its sources, gives you all the resources you need to create and control multi-threaded,
real-time applications and can be tailored to your exact system requirements. Most Keil Middleware libraries can be used with or without RTX.
Do only what you need
MDK-Professional includes libraries to enable TCP/IP networking, CAN, USB, and Flash file-system support.
Use these existing resources to allow you to focus on the development of the core of your application.
There's no need to waste time re-implementing low-level functions.
Take advantage of Keil's expertise
All Keil middleware libraries have been designed, tested, and optimized by ARM and Keil engineers for ARM platforms. The libraries have a modular
design with simple APIs. Documentation and
examples make it easy to re-use the work done by our experts.
All middleware components are available as source code. This allows you to rebuild libraries or extend their feature set and is useful where source code is needed for product certification.
Other benefits of Keil middleware libraries include:
- Scalability - their modular structure means that applications are easy to design and maintain. Libraries can be used and re-used in multiple applications,
from the most simple to the highly complex.
- Abstraction - by removing the requirement to implement low-level peripheral
and task management functions you allow your engineers to concentrate on what
they know best - developing the core functionality of your application.
- Reliability - when you take advantage of the Keil middleware code you are working with the confidence that all of these components have been rigorously tested
by ARM engineers and third party users.
- Cost – MDK-Professional middlware libraries are supplied Royalty-Free.
While it is possible to develop similar functionality yourself, this approach rarley reduces cost and in most cases leads to unexpected delays, particularly if your
engineers are working in unfamiliar areas. MDK-Professional enables you to reduce cost and development time.
- Support - There are extensive online resources including examples and templates to enable you to quickly start your project.
MDK-ARM is fully supported by Keil to ensure that if you have questions during your development then you are not alone.