This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Using ULink debugger with XC164CS

Hi,

Has anyone had problems when debugging with the ULink USB adaptor? I'm using it on the Infineon XC164CS development board, which has the standard 'wiggler' interface, but I'm having a few problems particularly when using breakpoints.

One of the problems I had was trying to locate the source of some stack corruption I was experiencing. Something was overwriting the end of the stack, which happened to be at address 0xC668. I set a breakpoint to stop the program whenever 0xC668 is written to. The program stops at my initialisation code as expected, but uVision 2 crashes when I run the code again. In this situation, I have to go through task manager to quit uv2.exe.

Other problems wrise if I am stepping through some code like this:

if ( !led_output_ready() )
{
  do_something();
}

If the if statement contains a function like that above, then there is strange behaviour when stepping through the code. Instead of moving on to the next line, the program runs one full iteration of the main loop, and then stops on the next line. It's almost as if when stepping through, the debugger places a breakpoint on the next line and then runs the code, but it is missing the breakpoint first time round (if you see what I mean!!!).

Has anyone had any experience of this? Is there a way to solve these problems? I have tried to reinstall the driver as described at http://www.keil.com/support/docs/2418.htm but to no avail. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul.