This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Error L107: Address Space Overflow

Hello,

I have been reading some of the replies to the address space overflow errors and I think I may have a unique problem.

I have some source code that is part of a development board. We have made our own and do not need all of the features on the original (LCD, Web cam etc). Some of the resources used by the old devices we would like to use for our current application. (The reference documentation can be found at http://www.wiznet.co.kr then under products->EVB then the EVB8051)

The problem that is occurring is when in main.c under InitNetConfig() I edit out Configure(), the program will no longer compile and I get Error 107 in space: data.

How can there be more requirements on data memory when editing out code than when it is there? If you remove something that means taking away. When you take away something you have less. Apparently Keil thinks that when you have nothing you have infinity and when you have infinity you have nothing. This would work good in the real world when referring to assets, but unfortunately here it does nothing but annoy.

I have run out of places to look as there is no information on this particular case, any information or help would be GREATLY appreciated.