This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Flash Tool not working on ST Nucleo 476 Board

Hello,
I am using Nucleo L476RG board and I am facing a problem in downloading code in board using Flash programmer in Keil IDE. I compile the project successfully and when I click on Load Button, I get following errors :
First Windows says:

Cannot Load Flash Programming Algorithm!
C:\Keil_v5\PACK\Keil|STM32L4xx_DFP\2.2\CMSIS\Flash\STM32L4xx_1024.FLM

Second Window says:

Error: Flash Download Failed – “Cortex – M4”

If I wish to start debug session then same error occurs.

I checked the above mentioned folder and it sure contains the above specified .FLM file.
Under Options->Debug-> STLink Debugger is selected. Further down in Settings, under Connect I have tried “under reset” and “Normal” both. Both result in same failure.
Further down in Flash Download window- Erase sector, Program, verify, Reset & Run all 4 are checked.

Programming algorithm shows two files:
STM32L_4xx 1MB Flash 1M
STM32L_4xx dual bank Flash 36B
with address starting 0x0800 0000H for on chip Flash and RAM for algorithm starting at 0x4000 0000.

I tried after removing second file and only with first one but no effect, the error persists.

The Pack installer software for NUCLEO-L476RG (Rev.C) shows all necessary packs “up to date”.

The 476 board is working fine with LED blink project directly downloaded as a file from mbed online compiler. STLinkV2.1 is working fine. The same Keil IDE and debugger is working fine with Nucleo 401 board so Keil IDE seems OK.

Please help to resolve.