This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Debug session ending unexpectedly

I am programming a TM4C123GH6PM EVB for the Cortex-M4 using mVision5 and the Stellaris ICIDI debugger. The project builds without error and I can flash the project to the board but when I start a debug session, the session is ended almost immediately without any kind of error message. It appears to run to "LDR R0, =SystemInit" before crashing. I have not modified the device startup code at all. What do I need to do to stop the debug session from crashing? I had no problem with this until I made some minor changes in my main method.

My main() method, which is the only code in the project besides the header file:

int main(void)
{
        uint32_t ui32Input;
        bool res;
        SysCtlClockSet(SYSCTL_SYSDIV_10|SYSCTL_USE_PLL|SYSCTL_XTAL_16MHZ|SYSCTL_OSC_MAIN);
        SYSCTL_RCGC2_R = SYSCTL_RCGC2_GPIOB|SYSCTL_RCGC2_GPIOC|SYSCTL_RCGC2_GPIOD;
        GPIOPinTypeGPIOOutput(GPIO_PORTB_BASE, GPIO_PIN_3);
        GPIOPinTypeGPIOOutput(GPIO_PORTC_BASE, GPIO_PIN_4); //Speaker
        GPIOPinTypeGPIOInput(GPIO_PORTD_BASE, GPIO_PIN_3);      //DIP Switch 1
        res = SysCtlPeripheralReady(SYSCTL_PERIPH_GPIOB|SYSCTL_PERIPH_GPIOC|SYSCTL_PERIPH_GPIOD);
        if (res)
        {
                while (1)
                {
                        ui32Input = GPIO_PORTD_DATA_R;
                        if ((ui32Input & 0x8) == 0x8)
                        {
                                GPIOPinWrite(GPIO_PORTB_BASE, GPIO_PIN_3, 0x8);
                                GPIOPinWrite(GPIO_PORTC_BASE, GPIO_PIN_4, 0x10);
                                SysCtlDelay(500000);
                                GPIOPinWrite(GPIO_PORTB_BASE, GPIO_PIN_3, 0x0);
                                GPIOPinWrite(GPIO_PORTC_BASE, GPIO_PIN_4, 0x0);
                                SysCtlDelay(500000);
                        }
                }
        }
}

P.S. The program is taken from Practical Microcontroller Engineering by Ying Bai.