This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

FPGA programmed with Cortex M3 core , not able to detect this core in uvision debugger

Hi All,
I have an stratix 10 FPGA programmed with Cortex M3 core , i want to execute my application file on this core.
HW debugger - ulink pro debugger
SW iDE - uvision 5

problem : this core is not detected in the debugger..
added manually but still not able to load program into onchip RAM

• This is probably going to be rather specific to the Altera setup - don't Altera give advice/support on how to do this?

www.altera.com/support.html

www.alteraforum.com/.../forum.php

• Perhaps there are example projects or evaluation boards for this specific FGPA and CM3 implementation. Use those to establish baseline functionality.

The debugger can't work with devices where the interface is not powered/clocked, or is otherwise non-functional.

Try using a Segger pod and tools and determine if those can see the device, or not. You need to establish if this is Keil's problem or your problem.

If the problem is with your implementation perhaps work with engineers familiar with the device and tools, these may be consultants with specific competence, or engineers from the FPGA vendor or technical support from a local distributor or representative.

If the problem is with Keil tools, contact support, directly