This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

STM32L476 Linker Warning L6988W

Hi,

I am trying to include the ARM DSP libraries in my project using the STM32L4 MCU (Cortex-M4) but i am getting a warning;

Warning: L6988W: Ignoring unknown patch sdcomp-29491-629360

I'm not sure what this warning is trying to tell me or how to fix it. I have tried doing a search for similar issues but, as I have found is often the case with the L4, there is not a lot of information on it. I have found one topic outlining a similar problem but the final result of the thread was "this is keil's bug" - should i then ignore it? suppress it?

Does anybody have any idea what it means / how to fix it?
Failing that, does anybody have any idea what the effects of this warning might be on my project?

Thanks

• what I am aware from another similar request regarding the "Linker Warning L6988W" is:

"If an instruction to be patched is in an IT block, it must be the last instruction in the IT block as branches are only permitted to be the last instruction. When this occurs the linker will output a warning:
    L6989W: Could not apply patch stm32l4xx-629360 to instruction <instruction> at offset <offset>, instruction is within an IT block and is not the last instruction for <object>(<section>).
    ARM does not expect this case to occur in compiled code. Use of IT blocks can be prevented by using the --no_conditionalize option.""

• I know this thread is old, but I wanted to make sure that you saw this article that provides more detail about the "L6989W, could not apply patch" error:

http://www.keil.com/support/docs/3853.htm