This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

the new STM32CubeMX 4.13.0 cannot generate *.gpdsc

I found a problem today when I created a new project,and tried to manage software packages byManage Run-Time Environment.
I choose "Configuration via STM32CubeMX".(like the Screen Shot blow)
ww3.sinaimg.cn/.../6cda5b3djw1f0wv0gwltvj20rr0lg3zf.jpg

After generate code by STM32CubeMX 4.13.0. When I returned to keil but it told me that

Error #545: Required gpdsc file '.....Project\RTE\Device\STM32F407VETx\FrameworkCubeMX.gpdsc' is missing

After I searched the update log of CubeMX, I found there words:
New features:
..... In the project settings, the user can choose to generate a CMSIS-Pack description file (gpdsc) to integrate with other IDEs.

So,STM32CubeMX 4.13.0,will not generate a gpdsc file as earlier version , unless you change your Toolchain/IDE to"Other Toolchains(gpdsc)".
ww4.sinaimg.cn/.../6cda5b3djw1f0wv0gbsn0j20go0hi3z0.jpg

That's inconvenient for developers.Will the next Update will fix that problem?

There is a possible solution,I did not try (because I don't want to write a new STM32CubeMxLauncher)but it should works:

Keil used a Program (X:\Keil_V5\ARM\Pack\Keil\STM32F4xx_DFP\2.7.0\MDK\CubeMX\STM32CubeMxLauncher.exe) to generate a script for CubeMX to know the information about the Project.
the script is like

load STM32F407VETx
project name STCubeGenerated
project toolchain "MDK-ARM V5"
project path X:\Workspace\....

So change the 3rd line of script to project toolchain "Other Toolchains (GPDSC)" to generate a GPDSC file, and import it to target project.