This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RTX timing change

I am really surprised that with the latest version of RTX that Keil has changed the functionality of the millisecond parameter to delay functions.

See

http://www.keil.com/support/docs/3766.htm

It sees that now the delay parameter is having 1 added to it in the latest version of RTX.

This is a significant functional change that I would have thought would not have been implemented without reaching out to the community of users. This change breaks a ton of existing code that relies on polling intervals of the tick frequency.

I regularly have threads that implement a 1 ms polling of hardware devices. This is implemented as a simple delay of 1 ms. Granted the first call to this delay function may return in less than 1 ms, but after that it is consistently 1 ms in duration. With the changes I don't believe that I will be able to poll at the tick frequency of 1 ms, it would be 2 ms. It seems to me that minimum polling time has been decreased to 2 times the tick frequency with the latest version.

I would strongly encourage KEIL to put back the original functionality, but I was wondering if others had the same concern.