This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Flash Plug-in Usage

I am new to the Flash Plug in feature. I have found that in the .\Keil\ARM\Flash, there are a lot ".FLM" and ".FLX" files. It turns out they are flash plugins. I would like to use the tool to write my SPI Flash which connects to the SPI1 of a STM32F105 CPU. By the way, what is the differences between the ".FLM" and ".FLX"? I have noticed they are all renamed ELF files.

I modified the official STM32F10x_M25P64 project to suit my hardware. The "STM32F10X_W25Q32.FLM" has been successfully generated and copied into the Flash folder.

Question 1: I have noticed that the external Flash could be assigned an address. In my case, the 4M external Flash occupies the space from 0xc000000. Then how to store content in this space? I figure it only could save resource, since the STM32F10x CPU could not execute code from SPI Flash. Am I right?

Question 2:If I just want to save a ".hex" file(with address in it) or a ".bin" file(without address) into this region, how to do it?

Maybe there already exists well document to these questions. If someone could give me a hint, it would be very helpful.