This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

MCBSTM32F400 board sample PHY for v.12 latest board

Hi,

I have just received my new v1.2 Keil MCBSTM32F400 board, I found that the PHY chip is replaced
to KSZ8081,is there any sample code or .axf file that I can test the Ethernet is working or not.

I assume there should be very minimum change in my code from v1.1 board to v1.2 board.
My code is working on the v1.1 board but it is not really running on the v1.2, I don't see the
PHY chip responding, also, what is the strapping PHY address, can't find it from the schematics.

Thanks,

• You are right, the Ethernet PHY was exchanged between version 1.1 and 1.2 of this board because the old one was 'end of life'.
    See also: http://www.keil.com/support/docs/3682.htm

If you update to the latest Keil::STM32F4xx_DFP pack version 2.4.0, you can find updated examples for version 1.2 boards. For example when you open the HTTP_Server example, you have one target 'MCBSTM32F400 V1.1' and one for 'MCBSTM32F400 V1.2'.
    The Ethernet PHY can now be selected in the window 'Manage Run-Time Environment - CMSIS Driver - Ethernet PHY (API) - KSZ8081RNA'.