This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Resolved issue but still questionning about startup file selection

HI,

I recently moved a STM32L1 project for a High Density target to a medium density target.

Then I have to select a different startup code for my cloned project from startup_stm3211xx_hd.s to startup_stm3211xx_mdp.s.

Using uVision 4 or 5 indifferently, I selected the new device target hoping that the option on the specific statup fle will change just as creating a new project.

But it has just no effect...

After sometimes, I found out there's no such option in the IDE to select wich statup_file should be compiled but I have to force on my own the compilation of the desired statup file in its property panel.

I resolved my problem, but I realized there's a lack of description over there and I'm going to describe it thereafter :

When selecting dependencies over a project in the uVision environment there're 3 graphical symbols upon the files showing which file is dependant/not dependant within the project and wich file is compilated and included in the final binary.

- When files are compilated there's an arrow downto bottom upon the file icon - When the file is not part of the project/not linked there're 3 red squared dot upon the outter left border of the file icon - When the file is compilated but not linked explicitly the both previous symbols are shown

Pushing the question I saw that in the file option dialog box there are 2 option lines that can change the graphical behavior of the files:
- Include in Target build
- Always build

My question is precisely at this point, when clicking on the checkboxes, it seems that they have 3 states : clicked, unclicked, grayed clicked.

I understand how clicked and unclicked can impact the file property, but what is the meaning of the grayed clicked ?

How the both graphical property => only bottom arrow and both bottom arrow + 3 red dots modify the binary ?

I look for differences but don't find anything.

If someone has an explanation he will be welcome :)

Regards.