This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ISR not triggering after first implementation

Hi all,
New to this forum in a posting perspective but it's been a great help in a lot of areas from the start of my 8051 classes this year and last year so for that thanks. Im coming near the end of my final year project and I'v come across a slight problem with my interrupt implementation. I have RTFMed about all I can find on interrupts from any number of sources before you tell me to Please read the manual. The problem is that my ISR is triggered fine the first time sets a flag goes back carries out a function ... due to it not being a good idea to have function calls within an ISR ... resets flag and then sits reading the clock again however when I try to interrupt again it will not carry out the ISR this next time.

I have :
reset external interrupt flag;
reset condition variable flag;
even attempted to re-enable external interrupt (even though this is probably not required);

The code is a long one so Id rather not post the entire thing here if anyone wants to take a look at it who has a good idea as to what I'm doing wrong or if anyone wants to suggest a specific part to post to look at the ISR or the menu its being called from please contact me. I will however not be sending this code on to anyone who's just looking for something to copy as I've read the manual to get it this far. I'd also be very happy to have someone look over the code in general for bad programming implementation if they would ... I'm a student in this subject but I've a keen interest in the field.

Also I'm Irish but this website is picking me up in America for some reason ?

Regards Robbie.