This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to link ? Help !

I'm using the uVison 1 and I'd like to build my project.
My example project should include the CSTARTUP.OBJ and some compiled C files

There is two methods :
1. with IDE
2. with command line

For both, I've some troubles, may someone help me ?

1.With IDE
----------

When linking a project with more than one function, the main function is no longer located to 0000h.
So I d'like to include the CSTARTUP file where I wrote :

NAME	?C_STARTUP
?C_C51STARTUP         SEGMENT   CODE
?STACK                SEGMENT   IDATA
		      RSEG	?STACK
		      DS	1
		      EXTRN CODE (main)
		      PUBLIC	?C_STARTUP
		      CSEG	AT	0
?C_STARTUP:	      LJMP	main

But I didn't found in the options of the IDE uVision 1 how to include the CSTARTUP.OBJ in my linking commands and how specify where it should be located ???

2. With command line
--------------------

So I've linked with the following command line : BL51 @lnk.lnk where lnk.lnk is a command file including :
C:\TRX8051\CSTARTUP.OBJ, &
C:\TRX8051\MAIN.OBJ, &
C:\TRX8051\HLCD.OBJ, &
C:\TRX8051\INIT.OBJ, &
C:\TRX8051\RREX.OBJ &
TO C:\TRX8051\TRX8051 &
IX NODS NODP NODL NLIB RS(128) PL   (68) PW(78) 
and then executing OH51 to convert into Hex file.

The problem is : how to specify that CSTARTUP should be located to 0000h and then jump to the main() function ???

Thanks for your help
Stephane

• main() should never be located at 0x0000. 0x0000 is the reset vector. main() cannot be called until the C run-time has executed. Typically the C run-time copies the .data section variables from ROM to RAM, zeroes the .bss section, sets the stack pointer and any other CPU registers appropriately, and *then* calls main().

Since the C run-time must run before main() it follows that it should be located at 0x0000 and main() just goes where ever it goes. The Keil C run-time is automatically linked against so it should be there. If you wish, you can override it or see what it does by looking at cstartup.a51.

• But I didn't found in the options of the IDE uVision 1 how to include the CSTARTUP.OBJ in my linking commands and how specify where it should be located ???

You are already doing it by saying:

CSEG	AT	0
    ?C_STARTUP:	      LJMP	main

I think you might be a little bit confused about an object file and an actual code segment. You can't locate an object file to a particular location, but you can locate a segment of object code to a particular location. For example, you can locate your main() to program memeory 0x0100 by adding this line to your ink.ink
    code(?PR?MAIN?MY_FILE_NAME(0x100))

These two articles may help you:

http://www.keil.com/support/docs/2156.htm

http://www.keil.com/support/docs/2263.htm