This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Methods availble to debug on board DP83848C PHY

Hi to all,

I am facing a problem with my newly designed board specially on PHY IC(DP83848C) and few GPIO's. I am using LPC2388.

I received a new version of hardware which has all hardware's placed are same as previous board at least for Ethernet circuit. In my previous version of board all parts are working well.

With my new board i tried to write and read the Phy registers. I succeed on reading and writing to the Phy registers. But its always saying Link is broken and not available.

My speed LED is always high. When i connect RJ45 with my board no Link lED nor Ack LED is blinking. I would like to know what are the Ways available to debug my board specially on Ethernet circuit?

I would like to know what are the Debugging methods are mandatory and available to check a Phy IC whether its communicating with my Controller as well as to the network. I checked all the possible hardware connections. All are connected well.

If you face this kind of problem what you will do to diagnose the problem?

Please ask me if you are not clear at any point.