This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ARMCC - Startup.s - ADUC702x - Simulation - Ram_function

I'm actually working with and ADUC7026.
I've just transferred a program written with the old Keil compiler (CARM) and transfer it to the new ARMCC. For the moment I can simulate the software with a few peripheries and am quite happy with the actual results.

In my program I have a time critical function which should run in the SRAM instead of from the Flash which will speed it up by a factor two (the simulator seems to consider the fact that this function is in the Flash). For this purpose I have used until now the command __ram (in CARM) but this option is no more available. I have already tried the different solutions proposed by Keil (e.g. http://www.keil.com/support/docs/3228.htm ) but was unable to simulate this.
I also tryed to simulate the program “C:\Programme\Keil\ARM\Examples\RAM_Function†again without success.

I see three options
1) Microvision SIMULATOR does not handle properly the memory management. Someway shortcutting the linker.
2) The startup.s file is not adequate. (examples for ADUC7026 are not precisely designed for the ARMCC )
3) I am doing something wrong.

Does anyone have experiences with ARMCC, Simulation and Ram_function ?

Many thanks.