This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sending AT commands from XC167CI microcontroller to a modem gsm

First at all i want to thank all of you for the service that this comunity gives in order to solve our daily 'tiny' problems.

Well, i am new in this forum and i expect i could help you in another sittuation.

In this time i have a little problem:

I need to comunicate a XC167CI microcontroller from Infineon with a GSM modem GDW-11 from Westermo via RS232.

First at all, i established the properties of the comunicattion RS232 in the modem by means of the SW of Westermo.

Then, i tried to send AT commands from Hyperterminal to the modem and i could generate calls, send sms and have a complete communication between Hyperterminal and Modem.

My problem starts when i want to communicate the microcontroller with the modem. i have programmed the microcontroler and i sent it the next commands:

printf("ATD 654789879"); putchar(0x0D);

and....nothing happens...

In order to proof the commands generated by the micro, i have connected the microcontroller with Hyperterminal to see what the microcontroller send to the hyperterminal. In the hyperterminal screen i could see the commands correctly sent by the micro, ATD 650987987

So...i suppose the microcontroller generates a good command.
However,when i connect the microcontroller with de modem the LEDs TD and RD don't shine. So, it means that there are not transmition between them, and then, the modem doesn't execute the commands

I don't understand why my microcontroller comunicates with the Hyperterminal, Hyperterminal comunicates with modem with the same commandas but...microcontroller doesn't connect with modem.

I would be very grateful if someone could give me any idea.

I am a bit lost because i am not sure where could be the problem.

thank you a lot and sorry for the long question!