This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

usb emulator cannot be found

I just got a KEIL eval kit (MCBSTM32), and I'm having a little trouble getting started. Initially, I built the Blinky app and downloaded it into the eval board with no problems. I modified the program, and downloaded it without any problems too. Then I copied the project to a new directory to start making significant changes to it. Unfortunately, after it built with no errors or warnings, I couldn't load it into the eval board. I get a series of dialog boxes that say (in order)...

"Emulator lookup failed" + "Emu=JTAGjet;Port=USB emulator cannot be found" (with Retry and Cancel buttons).

After pressing Cancel...

"Select Communication Interface" shows up, with no available devices in the list, and pressing "Re-Scan devices" doesn't make any show up.

After pressing Cancel...

"Target Initialization Error" + "Cannot connect - ISigConnect::Connect() failed"

followed by...

"uVision3" + "Error:Flash Download failed - C:\Keil\ARM\Signum|SigUV3Arm.dll"

Sigh...

Going back to the original Blinky project, now that won't download to the target either. I checked *ALL* the project options between the two project and they're the same.

Now for the wierd part...

I can create a project from scratch for the part on the eval board, and it builds and downloads into the eval board just fine. The original and copied/modified Blinky projects won't though.

Anyone have any suggestions for making the Blinky project work again (besides re-installing the eval tools)...?