This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Debug Symbol Location

Hey all,

I'm working on my first large-scale project with uVision3 (had been using uVision2 for quite a while) and doing some initial coding/testing using the simulator. I've got a project directory structured like this:

\MainDir
    \Application
        \Output
    \Bootloader
        \Output
    \Common Files

I've written a common "entry point" A51 module that's in the common files directory and shared between both the bootloader and application projects (for code-banking and IAP purposes). I'm working on the application portion at the moment and I've added the entrypoint.a51 file to the project and all compiles well, etc. When I start the debugger (simulator), however, I can't step through my original commented source file, but only the disassembly window. I'm guessing this is because the source file is in a different directory from all the other sources. Is there somewhere in the IDE that I can specify an additional source file location so I can step through my own formatted, commented code? Any hints would be appreciated.

-Jay Daniel