This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Error in Keil uVision when changing osc

Hello,
i have a little problem when i configure the external crystal of my ADuC7026. I do the following secuence:
-----------------------------------------
volatile unsigned int dummy1, dummy2

dummy1=13; //all ok
dummy2=15; //all ok
PLLKEY1=0xAA; //all ok
PLLCON=0x01; //all ok
PLLKEY2=0x55; //<--- AFTER EXEC I GET ERROR
dummy1=dummy1+dummy2; //do something
dummy2=dummy1-dummy2; //to finish to write PLL
--------------------------------------------
I get a JTAG communication error when i execute step by step and reach PLLKEY2=0x55.

Can you help me? I tried to put JTAG speed to other values.

Thanks.

• We have seen no problems when single stepping over these instructions.

Please double check the external 32kHz crystal connection and then try to execute the program without single stepping through the problematic instructions. Then the program should be stopped and checked if debugger can still single step. If the debuger fails only on problematic instruction then simply stepping over such instruction should be avoided (clock switching might disrupt the debugger).

Reinhard

• We have seen no problems when single stepping over these instructions.

Please double check the external 32kHz crystal connection and then try to execute the program without single stepping through the problematic instructions. Then the program should be stopped and checked if debugger can still single step. If the debuger fails only on problematic instruction then simply stepping over such instruction should be avoided (clock switching might disrupt the debugger).

Reinhard