This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Flashing BLE

Hello All, I have a MSP 432 breakout board. And a Bluetooth breakout board. MSP board has two parts. One is Debugger part and another is Microcontroller part. Here I am not using the MCU. I am using the Debugger part of the developemnt board. On the debugger section I have pins for SWD and RXD,TXD. I have connected RXD and TXD pins of Bluetooth to TXD and RXD pins of debugger part respectively. Is this way works? Should I connect the RXD and TXD to MSP 432 MCU part and from MSP 432 MCU to Bluetooth or Can I connected RXD and TXD directly from Debugger part to Bluetooth part? Also There are jumpers connectors between the debugger and MSP 432 MCU part. If I connect jumpers then debugger and MSP 432 MCU part are also connected each other. May I connect the jumpers and then can i connect the SWD pins of MSP 432 MCU to SWD pins of Bluetooth and then flash the firmware via MSP 432 MCU to Bluetooth?. I have tried this way .However I see the target as MSP 432 MCU but not the MCU located in the bluetooth. We can not do this way?.

• The TI forum might be a better venue. I'd think you'd want to connect the BlueTooth serial pins to the UART pins of the micro-controller, and use a secondary UART to connect with the debugger so you can output telemetry data from your own firmware. Pretty sure the BlueTooth device isn't debugged via the RXD/TXD pins, but rather SWDIO/SWCLK or equivalent. Not sure why the forum has reverted to a wall-of-text format