Author
Prateek Rajput
Posted
10-Apr-2019 11:35 GMT
Toolset
ARM
New! Error while Preprocessing using ARMCC in RTRT TDP

Hi All,

I am working on TDP development for XMC-4700, while preprocessing the files i am getting the below issue:

"no source": Error: command-line:  #564: cannot open preprocessing output output file ".\Objects\*.d": No such file or directory

Below is the log for TDP build:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rational\TestRealTime\bin\intel\win32\utags -sspgtags ..\Scripts\QualTest.ptu
Preprocessing PTU test script file...
C:\PROGRA~2\Rational\TESTRE~1\bin\intel\win32\attolpreproC "C:\RTRT\INPUTS\XMC\Sample scripts\Scripts\QualTest.ptu"      "cwinkeilxmc4700\TQual_non_instrumented.c"      -studio_log="C:\RTRT\INPUTS\XMC\Sample scripts\Working Folder\intermediates_files434474679.log" -STD_DEFINE="C:\PROGRA~2\Rational\TESTRE~1\targets\CWINKE~1\ana\atus_c.def" -RENAME=stubs_rename.opt -incl="C:\Keil_v5\ARM\ARMCC\include","cwinkeilxmc4700" -family=nominal -service=single_if_test_2 -NOSIMULATION -FAST
TestRT-I-STARTEXEC,  IBM(R) Rational(R) Test RealTime C Test Script Compiler 7.0.5.0.296.001
TestRT-I-COPYRIGHT,  (C) Copyright IBM Corp. 1992-2007 All Rights Reserved. All rights reserved.
cwinkeilxmc4700\TQual_non_instrumented.c: Preprocessing...
C:\Keil_v5\ARM\ARMCC\bin\armcc.exe -E --c99 -c --cpu Cortex-M4.fp -g -O0 --apcs=interwork --split_sections -I ./RTE/_TestRT_execution -I C:/Keil_v5/ARM/PACK/Infineon/XMC4000_DFP/2.7.1/Device/XMC4700_series/Include -I C:/Keil_v5/ARM/CMSIS/Include -I C:/Keil_v5/ARM/ARMCC/Bin -D__UVISION_VERSION="524" -DXMC4700_F144x2048 -o .\Objects\*.o --omf_browse .\Objects\*.crf  --depend .\Objects\*.d -I C:\PROGRA~2\Rational\TESTRE~1\targets\CWINKE~1\lib  "-IC:\Keil_v5\ARM\ARMCC\include" "-Icwinkeilxmc4700" "cwinkeilxmc4700\TQual_non_instrumented.c" -o "cwinkeilxmc4700\TQual_non_instrumented_aug.i"

C:\PROGRA~2\Rational\TESTRE~1\bin\intel\win32\attolcc1 "cwinkeilxmc4700\TQual_non_instrumented_aug.i" "cwinkeilxmc4700\TQual_non_instrumented_aug.c" atct.def  -exfile="cwinkeilxmc4700\TQual_non_instrumented.c" -noinstrdir="C:\PROGRA~2\Rational\TESTRE~1\targets\CWINKE~1" @stubs_rename.opt -proc=ret -block=logical -trace -mempro -perfpro   -studio_log="C:\RTRT\INPUTS\XMC\Sample scripts\Working Folder\intermediates_files434474679.log"
TestRT-W-ELMT_VIDE,  [C:\RTRT\INPUTS\XMC\Sample scripts\Scripts\QualTest.ptu:401] ELEMENT block  without any variables to edit
TestRT-W-TEST_VIDE,  [C:\RTRT\INPUTS\XMC\Sample scripts\Scripts\QualTest.ptu:403] No variables in the test 1
TestRT-W-NOMOPEDBL,  [C:\RTRT\INPUTS\XMC\Sample scripts\Scripts\QualTest.ptu:411] switch_case_test_1 service used more than once in the program
TestRT-I-ENDNOEWAR,  End of execution with 3 warning(s)
"no source": Error: command-line:  #564: cannot open preprocessing output output file ".\Objects\*.d": No such file or directory
cwinkeilxmc4700\TQual_non_instrumented.c: 0 warnings, 1 error
---
cwinkeilxmc4700\TQual_non_instrumented_aug.c: Compiling...
C:\Keil_v5\ARM\ARMCC\bin\armcc.exe --c99 -c --cpu Cortex-M4.fp -g -O0 --apcs=interwork --split_sections -I ./RTE/_TestRT_execution -I C:/Keil_v5/ARM/PACK/Infineon/XMC4000_DFP/2.7.1/Device/XMC4700_series/Include -I C:/Keil_v5/ARM/CMSIS/Include -I C:/Keil_v5/ARM/ARMCC/Bin -D__UVISION_VERSION="524" -DXMC4700_F144x2048 -o .\Objects\*.o --omf_browse .\Objects\*.crf  --depend .\Objects\*.d   "-IC:\Keil_v5\ARM\ARMCC\include" "-Icwinkeilxmc4700" "cwinkeilxmc4700\TQual_non_instrumented_aug.c" -o "cwinkeilxmc4700\TQual_non_instrumented.o"
TestRT attolcc1 - INFO: No branches of requested coverage types can be found in file TQUAL_NON_INSTRUMENTED_AUG.I; no FDC generated
TestRT attolcc1 - INFO: No observable routine can be found in file TQUAL_NON_INSTRUMENTED_AUG.I; no TSF generated
cwinkeilxmc4700\TQual_non_instrumented_aug.c: 0 warnings, 1 error
status 1
---
Failed.
Author
Andrew Neil
Posted
10-Apr-2019 11:46 GMT
Toolset
None
New! RE: No such file or directory

So does that directory exist?

If the directory exists, does it have the *.d files in it?

If they all exist, does your account have the necessary access rights?

Author
Prateek Rajput
Posted
10-Apr-2019 11:58 GMT
Toolset
None
New! RE: No such file or directory

Hi,

The directory does not exist.
I have the permission for the Directory where the object folder and files to be generated.
But still i am not able to find those folder or files.

Author
Westonsupermare Pier
Posted
10-Apr-2019 12:49 GMT
Toolset
ARM
New! RE: Error while Preprocessing using ARMCC in RTRT TDP

You don't want anything in "Program Files" being written, either Windows or AV software will object to this.
Make sure your TEMP directory is usable also.

Author
Prateek Rajput
Posted
10-Apr-2019 13:23 GMT
Toolset
ARM

I have cleared the Temp directory and checked, still i am facing the same issue.

Author
Spam Doctor
Posted
10-Apr-2019 14:27 GMT
Toolset
None
New! RE: I have cleared the Temp directory

So what about the use of 'Program Files' ?

Author
Prateek Rajput
Posted
10-Apr-2019 14:34 GMT
Toolset
None
New! RE: I have cleared the Temp directory

In 'Program Files' the IBM RTRT is installed and Preprocessing is using the files inside 'Program Files' RTRT installation directory.

It is not writing any files into 'Program Files'.

Author
Spam Doctor
Posted
10-Apr-2019 15:13 GMT
Toolset
None
New! RE: It is not writing any files into 'Program Files'.

Which is exactly what Westonsupermare Pier said to you in his post!

Author
Prateek Rajput
Posted
11-Apr-2019 08:38 GMT
Toolset
None
New! RE: It is not writing any files into 'Program Files'.

Hi Spam Doctor,

The reply was for your question, "So what about the use of 'Program Files' ?".
I understood what Westonsupermare Pier suggested and i tried by cleaning Temp directory.

But still facing the same issue?
Could you please suggest some resolution...

Author
Andrew Neil
Posted
11-Apr-2019 09:11 GMT
Toolset
None
New! RE: I understood what Westonsupermare Pier suggested

Did you?

He said:

"You don't want anything in 'Program Files' being written, either Windows or AV software will object to this"

So what have you done to stop things trying to write into 'Program Files' ?

Author
Prateek Rajput
Posted
11-Apr-2019 09:15 GMT
Toolset
None
New! RE: I understood what Westonsupermare Pier suggested

I have not done anything to stop writing into 'Program Files'.
As the writing of objects files and the other file generation is happening in other directory not in 'Program Files'.

Author
Hans-Bernhard Broeker
Posted
11-Apr-2019 17:39 GMT
Toolset
ARM
--depend .\Objects\*.d

I'm quite sure that this flag is just flat-out wrong. It requests the compiler to actually put the dependencies into a file named "*.d". That is neither advisable, nor is it allowed to a name file like that, on Windows.

For what this most likely is intended to do, the correct option would rather be

--depend-dir .\Objects
Author
Andrew Neil
Posted
11-Apr-2019 18:09 GMT
Toolset
ARM
New! RE: this flag is just flat-out wrong

I guess that would also apply to:

-o .\Objects\*.o --omf_browse .\Objects\*.crf

and perhaps find a more descriptive name for the folder - as it's not just "Objects" ... ?

Next Thread | Thread List | Previous Thread Start a Thread | Settings

Arm logo
Important information

This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our cookies.

Change Settings

Privacy Policy Update

Arm’s Privacy Policy has been updated. By continuing to use our site, you consent to Arm’s Privacy Policy. Please review our Privacy Policy to learn more about our collection, use and transfers
of your data.