Details Message
Author
Tobias Lindkvist
Posted
6-Feb-2019 14:10 GMT
Toolset
ARM
New! Creating Browse Information extremely slow

While working in uVision on a C++ file and toolchain set to ARM Compiler 6 (6.10.1) in MDK 5.26, often when I start to type in any code, the browse information starts recreating slowing down the editor enough to be unusable.

Time to write a single #ifdef line can take up to 30 seconds of waiting for the editor to show what's being typed.

Author
Westonsupermare Pier
Posted
6-Feb-2019 16:45 GMT
Toolset
ARM
New! RE: Creating Browse Information extremely slow

There are time when I think the lads a Keil had the tea lady or caretaker/janitor write some of the browse and auto-complete functionality.

Author
Seng Tak Goh
Posted
13-Mar-2019 12:37 GMT
Toolset
ARM
New! RE: Creating Browse Information extremely slow

Upvote to Tobias's post.

I am running uVision 5.26.2.99 in Windows 7. There are times when every key input (including white space) will create 50% of CPU time and sluggish performance, and the status panel show Creating Browse Information...

Next Thread | Thread List | Previous Thread Start a Thread | Settings

Arm logo
Important information

This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our cookies.

Change Settings

Privacy Policy Update

Arm’s Privacy Policy has been updated. By continuing to use our site, you consent to Arm’s Privacy Policy. Please review our Privacy Policy to learn more about our collection, use and transfers
of your data.