This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

flashing with Keil Vs Uniflash

I am new to embedded systems.I am working on a project where i have to program Tm4c123gh6pm chip from debugger of another tiva C series launchpad.I am connecting TCk,TMS,TD0,TD1 and ground pin of Tiva C series launchpad to other Tm4c123gh6pm . My instructor has said i have to use Uniflash to upload Hex file to Tiva C series launchpad so that i can program other Tm4c123gh6pm(which is without debugger).I donot understand why am i using uniflash, when i can just download flash through keil in to Tiva C series launchpad and then in to other Tm4c123gh6pm.When i tried to do the same with Keil to program other tm4c123gh6pm through launcpad (after removing jumper) following error occurs(JTAG could not be detected), but when the same program is uploaded to llaunchpad(jumper inserted) no error occurs.

When the same thing (after removing jumper) is done to program other Tm4c123gh6pm is done through Uniflash it is successful.

Why is there difference between flashing through KEil vs flashing through uniflash. I have googled internet but couldnot get any answer.