This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ADC Setup

Hi, I have a problem with ADC initialization.
The following part is draft needs to be filled with correct information Step by step according to the user manual. But I am not sure where I made mistake

void adc_init(void)
{
                // set pin 4 (P0.11) as ADC
        // see page 94

// turn off all resistors on pin 4
        // again on page 94

// Set the pin as analog mode (not digital)
        // Once again, page 94

// Enable the clock and power for ADC
         // Refer to pages 34 and 45

// the last two lines of code are supplied.

// Enables AD[0], sets burst mode to 1 (hardware not software scan)
        // Also sets the clock speed to just under 4.5MHz
        LPC_ADC->CR|= (0x10A01);    // check pages 410 -- 411

// According to datasheet, bit 8 of the register below must be set to 0 if in burst mode
        LPC_ADC->INTEN &= ~(1<<8);  // check page 413

}

My code is

void adc_init(void) { // set pin 4 (P0.11) as ADC LPC_IOCON->R_PIO0_11 |=(0x2);
// see page 94
// turn off all resistors on pin 4 LPC_IOCON->R_PIO0_11 &= ~(1<<4); LPC_IOCON->R_PIO0_11 &= ~(1<<3);
// again on page 94
// Set the pin as analog mode (not digital) LPC_IOCON->R_PIO0_11 &= ~(1<<7); // Once again, page 94 // Enable the clock and power for ADC
// Refer to pages 34 and 45
// the last two lines of code are supplied. LPC_SYSCON->PDRUNCFG &= ~(0x1<<4); LPC_SYSCON->SYSAHBCLKCTRL |= (1<<13); //enable clock for ADC (sec. 3.5.14)
// Enables AD[0], sets burst mode to 1 (hardware not software scan) // Also sets the clock speed to just under 4.5MHz LPC_ADC->CR|= (0x10A01); // check pages 410 -- 411
// According to datasheet, bit 8 of the register below must be set to 0 if in burst mode LPC_ADC->INTEN &= ~(1<<8); // check page 413
}

User Manual For the lpc1114
www.nxp.com/.../UM10398.pdf