This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Trace no synchronization

Hi guys,
I'm facing a very weird behavior from my program and I do not find any answer to my problem.

I have a program, which runs on a STM32F3 board. Everything used to work fine, I was able to access the debugger directly and debug it.
A couple of days ago I needed to try a new module so I used one of the example provided by ST in the directory of stmcube . I compiled my program, used the debug menu and everything went well.

Now I am trying to use my old program again, but I am not able to connect to my board with the debuger. Every time I try, I get : Trace: No Synchronization.
I went to my project's settings,double checked the core clock frequency(72MHz). I also verified the Xtal(12MHz).
But still nothing works. I'm not by any means able to debug my board with my old program( which I used to be able).

Does anyone have an idea about my problem?

Thank you very much !
Amine

• So most likely causes still remain timing settings.
    Review trace settings and options.
    Check HSE_VALUE and PLL settings.
    Check the code doesn't explicitly change debug settings/options (remap) or the pins utilized.
    Double check PB3 SWO continuity from chip to debugger.