This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Keil Library Installation

Hello,
I'm fairly new to Keil environment, I'm hoping this right place to ask this question.

I'm trying to create development environment for IOT on my Windows 10 x64 machine. I will be working with Google IOT Core, in their tutorials they mention that I need to have Jansson, Libjwt and OpenSSL libraries.

What I'm trying to do;
I've cloned those libraries and build them using cmake and I'm building and installing the libraries using Visual Studio 15 2017. So now I have all the header files and source codes of libraries in my computer.

I'm trying to add Jansson library to my project as adding all the source files of project under a group in my project and I'm adding the header file paths to my project setup. The source files can reach to header files w/o any problem. But I'm having problem while trying to build project.

Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol getpid (referred from hashtable_seed.o).

that's problem line;

*seed ^= (uint32_t)getpid();

It says "getpid() is invalid in c99.

Is there any easier way to install github libraries into Keil and what am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

• Is that what it actually says?

Please copy & paste the complete, unabridged message.

Also post the (section of) source code - identifying exactly where the error is detected.

Note the instructions for posting source code (above the 'Message' box).

What target are you building for?

• Hello Gary,

It doesn't sound like you are using the Keil Editor, or the ARM Compiler, Linker or libraries in your project. It sounds like you are using a GCC compiler and Visual Studio IDE.

getpid() is usually a Linux library function, and you would not find it in the ARM standard C libraries.

Maybe there is a pragma or #define you need to set the line of code using the getpid() function.