This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

printf_redirect example project

I've followed the steps here to copy the "printf_redirect" example project from the pack installer:
www.keil.com/.../_retarget__examples_er.html

I left everything as is within the example project. When I rebuild the "CM0 Simulator" target, it succeeds but with 1 warning:

C:\Keil_v5\ARM\PACK\Keil\ARM_Compiler\1.6.0\Source\EventRecorder.c(660): warning:  #1215-D: #warning directive: "Invalid Time Stamp Source selected in EventRecorderConf.h!"

When I start debug in the simulator, it runs the included debug.ini file as expected. But I only see values updating in the "My First Viewer" window, not the Event Recorder or Debug (printf) Viewer windows.

Does something need to be done for the compiler warning? Is there a step not listed at the URL above that I'm missing? I just expected this example project to work out of the box. My immediate goal is to simply run this example project and see output in the Debug (printf) Viewer, so that I may later adapt an existing project to similarly redirect I/O.

Keil uVision: version 5.23.0.0
Toolchain: MDK-ARM Standard Cortx-M only, version 5.23
Compiler/Assembler/etc: version 5.06 update 4 (build 422)

Thanks!