This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

MDK5 RTE CubeMX Integration: Solved

Hi

Posting to let others know as it took me a while to work out what was going on. I could not find documentation on this or forum entries.

Problem:
When creating a new project (or converting a project) to use Cube for RTE setup (eg using a STM32L4 requires Cube not Classic) a user MUST generate code even if you do not want the code yet (ie still got some more pins to define in Cube). Cube does not have to be set up with the correct pins etc yet – it simply needs an initial code generation to be able to re-edit the Cube file from MDK.

If the user does not do this then opening Cube from MDK creates a new/blank Cube file each time and your settings get lost. This happens even though the Cube file exists and contains the settings (proven by viewing using Cube directly). It seems that prior to code generation by Cube that the ioc file gets over-written on each launch of Cube by MDK.

I propose this is as a Usability Issue which could be addressed with a great big warning in the documentation even if the application does not get improved. I have no idea if it is Keil that is causing the file over-write or a problem with Cube.

It is a bit daft.

Mark