Author
Lukas Ammann
Posted
8-May-2018 09:29 GMT
Toolset
ARM
New! hex2sbin converter

hi

im looking for a tool that converts my .hex file into .srec and .opf.
i have an old tool that is supposed to do so but i just have the executable, no information who has developped it nor documentation.
its called "hex2bin.exe" and when i execute it, an error occures saying:
"Error: This AppInfoblock Version is not supported"

The command im using is:
%mypath%\..\submodules\tools\converter\hex2sbin.exe application.hex 0xb000 0x65000

Does this trigger some memories or better, does someone have a tool with documentation?

Author
Westonsupermare Pier
Posted
9-May-2018 17:21 GMT
Toolset
ARM
New! RE: hex2sbin converter

What's the context here, sounds like an in-house tool or Palm related? What is using the OPF file? What platform, what chip?

hex2bin or hex2sbin ?

Certainly plenty of similar tools out there, from ones with like names, S-Records, Hex Editors.

The formats are not inherently complicated. Rewritten a bunch of DOS era tools here so I can run on newer Win64 platforms that won't run DOS, DOS Extender, or Win16 apps.

Author
Kevin from Support
Posted
9-May-2018 23:38 GMT
Toolset
ARM
New! RE: hex2sbin converter

You can find some examples of using srecord here

http://www.keil.com/support/docs/4038.htm

Next Thread | Thread List | Previous Thread Start a Thread | Settings

Arm logo
Important information

This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our cookies.

Change Settings

Privacy Policy Update

Arm’s Privacy Policy has been updated. By continuing to use our site, you consent to Arm’s Privacy Policy. Please review our Privacy Policy to learn more about our collection, use and transfers
of your data.