This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Keil MDK-ARM 5.24/5.25 Source Browser problem with ARMC6

Hello everyone,

I have been using MDK-ARM with STM32F7 with ARMCC5 for a while now.
I have switched to ARM Compiler version 6.6 (MDK 5.24) and 6.9 (MDK 5.25) and modified the source code to compile with LLVM/Clang.

I have observed a problem with the new Source Browser since MDK 5.24, 5.25-pre, 5.25-pre2 and also in 5.25.

The problem is as follows (uVision 5.25.2.0):
The C project has enabled source browse information (Project - Options for Target xxx - Output - Checked "Browse Information").
After opened the project a string "Creating Browse Information" is displayed on the status bar (View - Status Bar). After 15-20 seconds (compiled binary size is 100 kB with -Oz).

Now, I can navigate to definitions and references with "Go to Definition of xx" and "Go to Reference of xx", respectively. "Show all References of xx" also works as intended. I use this to navigate to function definitions, as uVision does not have Eclipse like "hover-to-show" feature.
However, just a single change in the source file (add/remove a space or any thing) trigger the "Creating Browse Information" in the status bar, and navigation is now defect.
Both "Go to Definition..." and "Go to Reference..." jumps to reference in .h-file, instead of the .c-file.
The funny thing is that, editing .h files does not cause this problem.

There are two ways I can work-around this problem:
1) Close and reopen the project (and wait for another 15-20 seconds!).
2) First uncheck "Browse Information". Leave the Options window. Reopen the Options window and then check "Browse Information" again and wait 15-20 seconds!
And, yes, the problem is there again if I edit any c-files.

I have followed this forum since the release of MDK-ARM 5.25, but nobody has reported this problem. Is it only my computer that has some corrupted configuration or is this problem existing, but has not been reported?

I like MDK-ARM over Eclipse because of it's simplicity and easy to use. Because of SIL applications, we are "forced" to use KEIL. However, this problem is so annoying that I edit and compile my project with GCC in Eclipse and only compile code in uVision before download to flash.