Keil Logo

dual project problem - need total rebuild

Next Thread | Thread List | Previous Thread Start a Thread | Settings

Details Message
Author
erik malund
Posted
10-Apr-2018 14:14 GMT
Toolset
ARM
New! dual project problem - need total rebuild

I have a dual project where a "#ifdef value" in the code is controlled by project options.
After changing in the "select target" window, clicking 'build has no effect, rebuild is required.
I get by this by discretely rebuilding the files where the #ifdef exist, but that is error prone.
is there a way to make 'build' suffice?

Author
Hans-Bernhard Broeker
Posted
10-Apr-2018 19:41 GMT
Toolset
ARM
New! RE: dual project problem - need total rebuild

After changing in the "select target" window, clicking 'build has no effect, rebuild is required.

That indicates you made way too few settings different between those two targets. They really must each have their own directory for output files, and possibly a different name for the resulting executable. I.e. plain re-building should not even be necessary create the other target, because all files from both targets exist in parallel.

Author
erik malund
Posted
11-Apr-2018 12:54 GMT
Toolset
ARM
New! RE: dual project problem - need total rebuild

thanx, will work on this

Author
erik malund
Posted
11-Apr-2018 13:19 GMT
Toolset
ARM
New! need a bit more help

need a bit more help
I changed "select folder for objects" and got a total rebuild - great, as it should be first time.
However the .axf goes in the previous object directory - and the dbugger can't find it (looking in the new directory) - can't find where to fix that

Author
Hans-Bernhard Broeker
Posted
11-Apr-2018 18:02 GMT
Toolset
ARM
New! RE: need a bit more help

I did advise to change the name of the executable, too, didn't I?

Author
erik malund
Posted
11-Apr-2018 18:29 GMT
Toolset
ARM
New! RE: need a bit more help

did not mention above, but have done

Author
Hans-Bernhard Broeker
Posted
11-Apr-2018 19:50 GMT
Toolset
ARM
New! RE: need a bit more help

Then the executable should have landed in the target-specific folder. You can check on the "Output " tab: the name of the generated file is shown next to the "Create Executable" button. You may have to make sure you change the executable name after the new object directory has been set.

Author
erik malund
Posted
12-Apr-2018 13:23 GMT
Toolset
ARM
New! RE: need a bit more help

with a bit of 'fiddle' I got it

Next Thread | Thread List | Previous Thread Start a Thread | Settings

  Arm logo
Important information

This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our cookies.

Change Settings

Privacy Policy Update

Arm’s Privacy Policy has been updated. By continuing to use our site, you consent to Arm’s Privacy Policy. Please review our Privacy Policy to learn more about our collection, use and transfers
of your data.