This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

LPC2368 - Execute code out of RAM

I am attempting to execute code out of RAM.

I proved the concept by writing a simple LED blinky function and running it out of RAM. I actually got it work on the MCB2300 Dev Board.

My method is as follows - create an array/buffer to allocate some space on the stack (SRAM). The buffer must be large enough for the function and I get the size from the memory map. I then page align the buffer and copy the function into the buffer and execute.

unsigned char codeBuffer[1024];

unsigned char *alignedCodeBuffer = (unsigned char*)( ((int)codeBuffer + 256) & 0xFFFFFF00 );

void (*functionPointer)(void) = (void(*)(void))alignedCodeBuffer;

memcpy( (void*)alignedCodeBuffer, (void*)&toggleLed1, sizeof(codeBuffer) - 256 );

VICIntEnClr = 0xFFFFFFFF;  //Disable all Interrupts

functionPointer();

The problem now is that I moved this code to my real application and I am getting taken to

DAbt_Addr       DCD     DAbt_Handler

I need my code to have relative addressing. Looking through the disassembly window, I see absolute addressing, or, references to the FLASH address space. Notice the 0x0000D67C.

0x0000D67C  E1B01000  MOVS      R1,R0
0x0000D680  E2400001  SUB       R0,R0,#0x00000001
0x0000D684  1AFFFFFC  BNE       0x0000D67C

Am I doing something wrong besides the obvious that it isn't working.

Is there a compiler flag I am missing?

Another possible solution is to replace the BNE instruction with a combination of other assembly instructions to move the PC back a few times.