This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can I use the Amazon Web Service EC2 Ubuntu instance as a Keil floating license hosting server?

Hi, I'm Matthew.

My team is considering to purchase floating type license of Keil MDK Essential for 2 users.
Although there are 4 firmware developers (ARM CORTEX-M), they work at different hours.

I have questions about the license type and conditions of the license hosting server.
www2.keil.com/.../selector

0. Are there links provided from Keil that describes requirements, such as RAM size or OS type, of the license hosting server?

I'm thinking of using Amazon Web Service (AWS) EC2 cloud instance as the license hosting server. Considering the number of licenses, I thought a 64-bit Ubuntu 16.04LTS based t2-micro instance might be suitable for a hosting server.
Or do I have to use a 64-bit Windows-based server for hosting the license?
aws.amazon.com/.../

1. MDK-ARM-ES-F / MDK-ARM-ES-F-LC. I'm curious about the difference between these two.
Although both Floating licenses are perpetual types, what's the difference between the package and download type license?

2. I heard that the Floating license is checked when the user tries to build a Keil project.
Since my teammates work at different hours with Keil MDK,
it won't be a problem unless 3 or more users try to build the Keil project at the same time, right?

-Regards