This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What are principles and wiring diagrams for ballast controllers ?

In recent days I meet a puzzling question that I was asked about what are the principles and wiring diagrams for ballast controllers,www.kynix.com/.../IR2521DSPBF.html. I searched some related materials about this topic. Today I come to this forum to turn to you to discuss my understandings are appropriate.

Here are my personal understandings:

(1) when sent out of alternating current, because the fluorescent lamp is cold, lamp resistance infinite, high current flow to the impedance of the relatively small starter, so the neon will first light and capacitor collapse, when the current flows through the lamp two The tungsten wire, tungsten wire is heated, this time is 0 to A time.
(2) when the time in A when the power supply voltage is zero volts, because the fluorescent lamp at this time has been a hot light, making the lamp resistance is quite small, then the starter part of the crash, then time A to time B fluorescent lamp lighting success, And the pressure drop across the fluorescent lamp after time B is only about 122 volts (20W fluorescent lamp), so that the starter is no longer crashing, since then the fluorescent lamp is working normally to maintain a certain brightness until the power off fluorescent light goes out.
(3) In time A to time B, inductance ballast (inductance) at both ends of the induced voltage of 220 volts, plus power 220 volts, the fluorescent lamp at both ends of the total voltage drop to 440 volts, so the fluorescent light needs Large voltage to start.
(4) After the time B, the inductive ballast (inductance) plays an important role in constant current, so the fluorescent lamp has been maintained at a fixed brightness.

Ps: Excuse me if I was wrong in words or expressions as I am a green hand in the field of ballast controllers. I need continual learnings.

What is your idea ? Do you agree with my ideas ? Any of your ideas would be highly appreciated.

May someone would like to help ?

thanks in advance