This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problem in executing a program with LPC2129

I am new in embedded programming. Actually I want to run a c program that have used LPC21xx.h header file. I have tried keil uvision 5 and keil uvision 3 both. In keil uvision 5 there is no device with LPC2129 and in keil uvision 3 there is LPC2129 after selecting that device.
It is giving me error like "path for toolset undefined. C:\keil\tools.ini does not contain a tool path. you have selected a device with no toolchain has been installed ."
i went to c:\keil\tools.ini and there is a path under c51 PATH="C:\Keil\C51".

please let me know where is the problem. if there is problem in setup file for keil uvision 3.
then please provide me some link to download keil uvision 3 or keil uvision 4 setup because it is not available on keil site.

• Hello,

If you go to the Keil device Database at:

http://www.keil.com/dd

and search for LCP21.... you will find that this is a NXP ARM part:

http://www.keil.com/dd/chips/nxp/arm.htm

====

Keil sells tools for different device architectures. See Keil.com/demo

Right now, you have the C51 tools for 8051 devices installed. Please download and install the MDK-ARM tools.

You can learn more about how to use these ARM tools at Keil.com/learn

Check out our gettting started guide at keil.com/gsg

• Hi Mahaveer, you need to install legacy support for ARM7 devices. In KEIL 5 you need to download the install support packs for the family of microcontrollers that you want to use.

Check out this article guide on using keil for lpc21xx devices : www.ocfreaks.com/.../ It for lpc2148 but its the same for all lpc2100 series microcontroller.

Hope it helps.

• dear sir when i try to run debugger in keil software i get a message

Running with Code Size Limit: 32K
    Load "C:\\Users\\user\\Desktop\\Objects\\proj1.axf"
    *** error 65: access violation at 0x000AF04E : no 'execute/read' permission
    line 24 BLX R0
    can you help fix this? ray k