This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Project compiles with no errors but will not build

Hey,

I've looked around on Google and through these forums. I cannot find a solution to my problem. I'm willing to try suggestions and am eager to figure this out.

The problem:
I have a project that is compiling without error but will not build. It looks like the linker isn't being called, but I'm not sure how to tell. I have tested building other projects on my computer for the same processor with the same version of uVision (V4.14.16.0). Other projects build correctly, so I don't think it is the way I installed the IDE. Additionally, I have successfully built this project on a different computer with the same version of the IDE. As far as I can tell I haven't changed anything in the project file (I pulled it off of SVN so I can see when I change something).

Here is the build output (abbreviated for repetitive lines and with project/file names changed).

Build target 'ProjectThatShouldJustBuild'
compiling Main.c...
compiling ADC.c...
compiling ErrorHandler.c...
compiling Flash.c...
compiling Interrupts.c...
compiling LCD.c...
compiling MathFunc.c...
compiling SerialInterface.c...
compiling SMBus_Per.c...
compiling Timer.c...
assembling STARTUP.A51...
assembling add64and64.a51...
compiling LVR.c...
compiling LCDDriver.c...
compiling Configuration.c...
Target not created

As you can see, there are no error messages and no warning messages. It just finishes compiling, and then declares that the target isn't created.

Any ideas?
Much obliged,
Brian Arnberg <><