This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Timing requirements (connecting PCB outputs "in parallel")

Hi (I use the STM32F107 and the Keil PLUS license)

I got the following challenge:
My own developed HW card/application (let us just call it PCB) shall be operating in parallel with 10 other PCBs in the following manner (roughly):
- The PCBs each have an Ethernet plug (runs UDP/IP) through which they communicate with a common PC (through a router)
- The/each PCBs outputs shall be directly connected (230V DC) to each other (running in parallel operation)
- An UDP broadcast message from the PC to the PCBs shall start activation of a xxx Volt DC output pulse (simultaneously generated from each PCB)
- The starting point of the PCBs output pulses must not vary/deviate (all together) more that 100us (between the PCBs)

I have some questions regarding this:
Q-1: Will this (strong(?) timing requirement) be possible to implement under the Keil-RTX OS when using the IPv4 Network MDK Middleware?
Q-2: Will we have clock-ticks/clock-interrupts and task-switching which may destroy/disrupt this tough(?) timing requirement?
Q-3: Is it possible to implement the IPv4 Network stack SW without the Keil-RTX OS - to ensure a tighter/faster timing performance (less timing deviations between output pulse generation for the different PCBs)?

I really appreciate answers to these questions.
Best Regards
Terje Bohler