This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Keil bug that cause AGDI calling the readCode forever

Hi All,

we recently implement the keil AGDI to work with our own 8051 debugger by referring to Apnt_145. everything seem fine but we found an issue that the AGDI where it keil seem will forever calling the readCode function and cause the keil to hang/crash.

This issue are able to replicate with the following 2 conditions:
1. first perform single steps on c-code windows where each C-code line is translated to multiple instructions, where i can see the keil will issue multiple steps until it reaches the next c-code line. then perform steps on disassembly windows where keil will call one steps for each instruction. The problem will occurred when we switch perform step back in C-code windows.

2. Second scenario is in C-code windows where each C-code line is translated to multiple instructions, when perform steps and point the mouse cursor to the code line simultaneously. Intermittently, it will cause keil will forever calling the readCode function in AGDI.

Is there anything face a similar issue or have any solution for this?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Cher Jier Yap

• Is there anything face a similar issue or have any solution for this?

At least I can answer the first part of the question: No, not a problem at all for me. And it does not matter whether I use code caching or not.

What version of uVision are you using? Does it all happen when you revert your readCode function to the one found in the sample target?

Rene