This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't Tranfer Project to Other PC - uVision File Management a Mess

You would think with the uVision's Run-Time Environment Manager and Software Package Selector with all its version control and download features that I should have no trouble switching between machines while working on a project. Well, you'd be wrong.

Half the files in my project are just being referenced to locations in the Keil program directory, while the other half are copied to my project folder. Why?

Some of these files are considered Packages, some are considered Components, and some are just considered included files. They are all just .c and .h files. Why are some handled one way, and others handled differently?

Why after moving my project to a new system do I have to spend hours making sure every setting in every menu is identical to the other machine my code was created just to get the code to compile when all of the information needed to do this already is (or should be) stored in the project file?

Unless I'm missing something all I see from these 'features' is larger file sizes for data that isn't actually being used to do anything to help workflow. All I'm finding are obstacles and reasons to switch to another IDE.