This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

problem with DEBUG.INI file

Hi all.
I am testing one of atme arm7 libraries in keil 4 debugger. Initially i was receiving a write access violation error at the start of debugging and the debugger kept getting stuck in the remap section: *** error 65: access violation at 0x00000018: no 'execute/read' permission. Then i learnt that i could manually bypass this problem by manually mapping the addresses in Debug->memory map. i also made a text file and entered these lines:

MAP 0X00000000, 0X001FFFFF READ EXEC
MAP 0X00200000, 0X002FFFFF READ WRITE
MAP

I saved this file as DEBUG.INI and fed it to the debugger as initialization for mapping. It compiled with no error and once the debugger starts it shows those memory areas it has recognized itself togather with the two areas i have assigned. But **error 65 still persists and i still need to manually enter those lines for the debugger to start working. I am using At91sam7x256 with one of standard atmel libraries. I know those address areas might not be spesifically accurate for this chip but when i enter them manually in the memory map the debugger is okay. Why dosen't work with the DEBUG.INI file?