This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

uVision issue creating .axf file

Hello, I am a student taking Embedded Systems at a university and I am trying to get my code to compile using uVision. I am using a FreeScale FRDM-KL25Z. When I select rebuild or batch build to try to create all my .o files it states:

Build target 'Target 1'
".\Objects\Lab1.axf" - 0 Error(s), 0 Warning(s).
Project build/rebuild aborted.

I am trying to compile both .c and .s files inside Source Group 1, and am not receiving any errors when I "translate" them individually. But the linker and/or compiler is not creating my Lab1.axf file. I suspect it has something to do with the build order of my project. I have closed and reopened uVision several times, and tried renaming main.c to Lab1.c to see if that was causing any errors, which was not the case.

Project Details:
From the software packs I am using Freescale -> MKL25z128xxx4
In my Source Group 1 I have 3 files, Lab1.c, as.s, and mycap.s.
I selected CMSIS CORE 3.40.0 and Device Startup 1.0.0 when I created the project.
In debug I am using Pemicro OSJtag/Multilink/Cyclo.
In settings for the debugger my interface is OpenSDA using USB1 OpenSDA
In Output I have Create HEX File checked, and selected the Objects folder for my objects
Everywhere else in Options I have the defaults set (I made sure to go through and click defaults on everything else)

When I click Flash -> Download it says Error: Flash Download failed - Could not load file (which stems from the .axf file not being generated)

If anyone has any ideas of what I need to do to get this program to finish compiling and create the .axf file it would be much appreciated.

• I just solved my own problem. Essentially I installed a bad version of Keil, or some bad tools, I don't know exactly what, but when I downloaded this version: www.keil.com/.../arm.htm and installed over the top of my old version I was able to select PEMicro Debugger instead of the Pemicro OSJtag one, and it worked absolutely fine. Hopefully if anyone has this issue with the FRDM-KL25Z they can read this.

• Hi there, I was running into the exact same problem. I did what you did, reinstalled MKD again, and it fixed my problem. I don't think it's bad software, but rather the order in which the drivers and program was installed.

Regardless, I am so very happy you answered your own question. I am also an engineering student and happy I can use the KIEL tools. Thanks so much :)