This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

NOR SPI FLASH problems with EFS

Hi All,
i'm experiencing a problem with NOR SPI Flash and embedded file system. I'm developing with STM32F4, keil RTX with an EFS "mounted" on the SPI flash. Sometimes the file system result corrupted: I found that if a power fail occurs when a file or index writing is on going, at the next power on the file system is corrupted.
Could anyone help me to resolve this problem? Does exist a way to write in a secure way with EFS?
Thanks in advance for your help

Davide

• Designing your hardware with a capacitor large enough, that early power-loss warning has time to final any ongoing writes but make sure the code doesn't start any new writes?

Ever wondered why a mobile phone normally doesn't have a "hard" power switch but instead just sends a request to the processor to please power down?

There are some file systems that are explicitly designed for use with flash media in situations where the power may be lost at random times - but the majority of file systems are not designed for such requirements. That's also why a Windows or Linux machine complains if you just rip out the power plug from a stationary PC, or why a laptop forces a shutdown before the battery is totally depleted.