This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UART Problem

I have written a code which intializes 2 UARTs, i.e., UART-1 and UART-2.
The code works pretty fine. I am using the same code on two different controllers.

Simply say i have a board with two controllers and are connected by UART-2. (LPC2368)
Now i using same program in the two controllers.

I have used a LED in both the controllers to make them glow just before the program enters the while loop.

Now my problem when i power up the board the LED is not being glowing. So i have to assume that my code did not reach the while loop.

I have observed that if i comment UART2 intialization (which is used for inter communication between the two controllers) then the LED glows and the code is working fine.

So again i removed the comments at UART-2 intialization and started debugging one of the controller. Again it works fine.

Now what i did is i have made one controller in reset at power ON and let the other controller intilaize. and after some time say 5 secs i have released the 1st controller from reset and let it intialize. Now also it is working.

Now my conclusion if i run the board with the same code in both the controllers it is not working. I mean both the controllers are trying to intialize the UART-2 at the same time.

So how can i handle this? What could be the reason for this problem? I am unable to debug since only after power up i can debug which leads to the two controllers intializing at different time intervals.

Can some one please help me with this.