This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

no_semihosting - sys_open still referenced

Hi
I am implement a project on the microsemi cortex M3 ARM with the RTX OS and the TCP stack.

I have spend hours reading through posts on the forum and web about implementing no_semihosting and the retarget.c file. I do understand what semihosting is trying to do and why a retarget.c file is needed.

But I have not found an answer or idea about how to resolve the one remaining linker error I am getting.

Error: L6915E: Library reports error: __use_no_semihosting_swi was requested, but _sys_open was referenced

I have been trying figure out what is referencing _sys_open. It is already defined in io_sys.o so I cannot add it to my retarget.c file.

I have removed all references to printf() and there are none to open().

I have run out of ideas as how to remove the offending reference. I'm guessing that it is coming from a library function, maybe.

I know this topic has been brought up over and over again but I just could not find a answer/clue to this specific sys_open reference. I was able to resolve all of the others.

Does anyone have an ideas as to where I could look or what I could to to resolve this one? :-)