This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

STM32F429I-EVAL ETM Trace not working

STM32F429I-EVAL ETM Trace not working
I recently purchased a STM324F29I-EVAL board. I am using Keil uVision 5 along with a ULINK Pro debug probe. I have been able to get the basic ITM trace to work via SWO however the 4 bit ETM trace I am not able to get working. I've verified that pins PE2 - PE6 are enabled and reconfigured for trace functions by a debugger script. I've tried it at various CPU clock frequencies even as low as running the core directly off the HSI of 16mhz but I still get a No Synchronization error in the debugger. There is no problem with my debug probe as I can run the full 4-bit ETM trace on another project I have that uses the LPC1769 MCU. Has anyone else experienced any issues with the ETM trace with this part or the eval board?

• Take a look at the STM32F429I-EVAL user guide and schematics.

Trace lines (TRACE_D0..D3 and TRACE_CLK) are shared with the Memory controller A19..A23 (TRACE_D3 with even more signals). You need to make sure that other signals are not interfering with the trace generated by the MCU. For example do not setup the FMC to use the mentioned address lines.

While testing you can try out also 2-bit and 1-bit ETM to sequentially eliminate the problematic lines.