This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

creating a new project with keil 5.11a

hi every body
i have some question about creating a new project becouse of my serious problems with it:
in version 4 we copy header files of mcu &cmsis library to the projects folder,& i saw some learning cources do this in version 5 ! but unless dosent keil copy this files automaticaly ?
for a simple cmsis project with stm32f103 which files need to copy ? from where?
in option of the project window/c++ tab:
in define why we must type words like this? USE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER,STM32F10X_MD
what does they do ?
in include path : when we must define folder ? some project do this & some dont !
for using spi what setting we must do ?(except selecting at first ?)
WBR

• Hello Mahmoud,

if you have the Keil::STM32F1xx_DFP pack installed, you do not need to copy any startup or system files manually. The SW does this for you.
    As for the defines, they are used by the standard peripheral library from STMicroelectronics. You need to ask them what exactly these defines are doing.
    For SPI, please select the appropriate driver in the Manage Run-Time Environment window and configure it using the RTE_Device.h file that is copied to your project. For more information on current issues with STM32 devices and MDK v5.11a, please check out http://www.keil.com/appnotes/docs/apnt_266.asp

Kind regards,

Christopher