This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Regarding Heap space allocation in startup file of Tiva C series MCU

Hello Everybody,

I sreeni, working on Tiva C series MCU(32K RAM) based application and want to allocate the space in heap of more than 0x1000 bytes of memory.

It works fine when I allocate 0x1000 bytes of memory in startup.s file, but in my application I need to allocate a memory of 10K but I am getting the following error when I try to allocate more than 0x1000 bytes of heap space in startup.c file.

linking...
Trial_Link_CSU.axf: Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching startup.o(STACK).
Trial_Link_CSU.axf: Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching picojpeg.o(.data).
Trial_Link_CSU.axf: Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching variables.o(.bss).
Trial_Link_CSU.axf: Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching mmc-ek-lm4f232h5qd.o(.data).
Trial_Link_CSU.axf: Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching variables.o(.data).
Trial_Link_CSU.axf: Error: L6407E: Sections of aggregate size 0x16c bytes could not fit into .ANY selector(s).
Target not created

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
sreeni