This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

uVision 5, UVOPTX files and subversion

We are getting a multi-developer project off the ground and are using subversion for source control. We are using subversion in the most basic way, mostly just using the Tortoise SVN client, v1.8.5 which is the latest and using it through Windows Explorer.

The trouble we've been having is merging changes into the .uvoptx file. It seems that making the smallest change to the project like adding a new source file cause many changes to the .uvoptx file and when another developer updates to those changes it cause many conflicts.

We tried removing the .uvoptx file from the files saved in subversion and each developer just keeps a local copy of it. I think this is a bad idea because then the .uvprojx and .uvoptx file are not in lockstep and bad things seem to happen but I'm not sure of that.

So, my two questions are:

1) If I change the .uvprojx file and give it to another developer without the changed .uvoptx file should I expect bad things to happen?
2) Is there a way to not make so many changes to the .uvoptx file. For example, it seems to save things like what file was open for editing or what folders were open in the project window which doesn't really matter.

Thanks.

Mike